Masculinity, anti-semitism, and early modern English literature : from the satanic to the effeminate Jew / Matthew Biberman.
Aldershot, Hampshire, England ; Burlington, VT, USA :
|Series:||Women and gender in the early modern world
Table of Contents:
- His stones, his daughter, and his ducats : the Jew-devil, the Jew-sissy and the theo-sexual matrix
- Madam rabbi : representations of Jewish women in English Renaissance drama
- By thee adulterous lust was driv'n from men : Donne, Milton and the rise of the Jew-sissy
- She proving false, the next I took to wife : divorce law and violence in Jonson, Cary and Milton
- He is imitating nobody, and he is inimitable : T.S. Eliot and the antisemitic aesthetics of the Milton controversy
- When King Laugh come he make them all dance : the Gothic reconstitution of the Jew-devil.