At the point of a gun : democratic dreams and armed intervention / David Rieff.
Writing from the front lines of the hot wars of the post-Cold War world -- the Balkans, Africa, the Middle East, and most recently Afghanistan and Iraq for The New York Times Magazine -- Rieff witnessed firsthand most of the armed interventions waged in the name of human rights and democratization....
New York, N.Y. :
Simon & Schuster,
|Online Access:||Table of contents|
- pt. 1: The UN and international relations leading p to Iraq. Hope is not enough
- A new age of liberal imperialism?
- An age of genocide
- In defense of Afro-pessimism
- Lost Kosovo
- Goodbye, the new world order.
- pt. 2: The Iraq War and its aftermath. The lives they lived : collateral damage
- The specter of imperialism : the marriage of the human-rights Left and the new imperialist Right
- End of empire
- The way we live now : a notion of war
- Were sanctions right?
- Blueprint for a mess
- The Shiite surge.