Postwar Vietnam : dynamics of a transforming society / edited by Hy V. Luong.
Singapore ; Lanham, Md. :
Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Rowman & Littlefield Pub.,
|Series:||Asian voices (Rowman and Littlefield, Inc.)
Table of Contents:
- Postwar Vietnamese society : an overview of transformational dynamics / Hy V. Luong
- Authorities and the people : an analysis of state-society relations in Vietnam / Benedict J. Tria Kerkvliet
- Economic transition, uneven development, and the impact of reform on regional inequality / Melanie Beresford
- Wealth, power, and inequality : global market, the state, and local sociocultural dynamics / Hy V. Luong
- State visions, migrant decisions : population movements since the end of the Vietnam war / Andrew Hardy
- Upland areas, ethnic minorities, and development / A. Terry Rambo and Neil L. Jamieson
- Clean, green, and beautiful : environment and development under the renovation economy / Michael DiGregorio, A. Terry Rambo, and Masayuki Yanagisawa
- Gender relations : ideologies, kinship practices, and political economy / Hy V. Luong
- Return to the past? The dynamics of contemporary religious and ritual transformation / Shaun Kingsley Malarney
- A passion for modernity : intellectuals and the media / David G. Marr.