War without fronts : the USA in Vietnam / Bernd Greiner ; translated from the German by Anne Wyburd, with Victoria Fern.
New Haven [Conn.] :
Yale University Press,
|Uniform Title:||Krieg ohne Fronten.|
Table of Contents:
- Masters of war: The dynamics of asymmetrical warfare ; Political decision-making
- Generals: Military decision-making ; In the line of fire : civilians in the war of attrition
- Officers: The 'Vietnam Only Army' ; The rules of engagement ; Onlookers, accomplices and fellow-criminals
- Warriors: 'Grunts' and Cracks ; Personal testimony ; 'Them and Us' ; Hatred and self-hatred ; Self-empowerment
- 1967 : death squads in the northern provinces: 'Indian Country' : Task Force Oregon ; Quang Ngai and Quang Tin ; Scalphunters
- 16 March 1968 : the massacres of My Lai (4) and My Khe (4): Generals ; Officers ; Warriors
- 1968-71 : war of attrition in the southern provinces: Several 'My Lais'? ; Operation Speedy Express ; Covering up the tracks
- Judges: The laws of warfare and culture of military law ; Investigations ; Trials.