Myths about women's rights : how, where, and why rights advance / Feryal M. Cherif.
Two conventional wisdoms dominate debates about why women's rights advance in some places but not others. While culture and religion are understood to be the primary barriers to gender equality, efforts by international institutions and women's groups to change social norms are often seen...
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
- Conventional wisdoms about women's rights
- The core rights framework
- The evolution of women's nationality rights
- Struggling for political equality: from de jure to de facto rights
- The path toward reproductive choice
- Toward economic equality: the status of women's property rights
- Culture, international norms, and core rights across issues: bringing it all together
- Appendix A-K.