Foundations of Mathematics Questions of Analysis, Geometry & Algorithmics / by Erwin Engeler.
This book appeared about ten years ago in Gennan. It started as notes for a course which I gave intermittently at the ETH over a number of years. Following repeated suggestions, this English translation was commissioned by Springer; they were most fortunate in finding translators whose mathemati ca...
Berlin, Heidelberg :
Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer,
|Edition:||1st ed. 1993.|
|Series:||Springer eBook Collection.
|Online Access:||Click to view e-book|
|Holy Cross Note:||Loaded electronically.|
Electronic access restricted to members of the Holy Cross Community.
- I. The Continuum
- §1 What Are the Real Numbers?
- §2 Language as Part of Mathematics
- §3 Elementary Theory of Real Numbers
- §4 Non-Standard Analysis
- §5 Axiom of Choice and Continuum Hypothesis
- II. Geometry
- §1 Space and Mathematics
- §2 Axiomatization by Means of Coordinates
- §3 Metatheoretical Questions and Methods in Elementary Geometry
- §4 Geometric Constructions
- III. Algorithmics
- §1 What is an Algorithm?
- §2 The Existence of Combinatory Algebras: Combinatory Logic
- §3 Concrete Combinatory Algebras
- §4 Lambda Calculus
- §5 Computability and Combinatorss.