Asymptotic and Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations with Critical Parameters edited by H.G. Kaper, Marc Garbey.
This volume contains the proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on "Asymptotic-induced Numerical Methods for Partial Differ ential Equations, Critical Parameters, and Domain Decomposition," held at Beaune (France), May 25-28, 1992. The purpose of the workshop was to stimulate...
Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer,
|Edition:||1st ed. 1993.|
|Series:||Nato Science Series C:, Mathematical and Physical Sciences,
Springer eBook Collection.
|Online Access:||Click to view e-book|
|Holy Cross Note:||Loaded electronically.|
Electronic access restricted to members of the Holy Cross Community.
Table of Contents:
- 1: Modeling of Complex Systems with Asymptotic-enhanced Numerical Methods
- Asymptotics and Numerics for Laminar Flow over a Finite Flat Plate
- Time-Scale Decoupling for Nearly Periodic Advection-Diffusion Equations
- Turbulence Modeling from an Asymptotic Point of View
- Some Applications of Combined Asymptotics and Numerics in Fluid Mechanics and Aerodynamics
- Asymptotic-Assisted Numerics for Spectral Perturbation in MHD Instability
- 2: Asymptotic-induced Domain Decomposition Methods
- Domain Decomposition as a Mechanism for Using Asymptotic Methods
- Domain Decomposition: A Blowup Problem and the Ginzburg-Landau Equations
- Factorization of the Advection-Diffusion Operator and Domain Decomposition Method
- 3: Multiple-Scale Problems in Scientific Computing
- Modulated Traveling Waves in Combustion
- Asymptotics and Multiscale Simulation in a Numerical Combustion Laboratory
- 4: Applied and Asymptotic Analysis
- Viscoelastic Fluid Flow: Critical Parameters and Asymptotics
- Exponentially Small Splitting of Homoclinic Orbits in a Water-Wave Problem
- Supersensitive Boundary Value Problems
- Asymptotics of the Thual-Fauve Pulse
- Exponential Convergence of the Galerkin Approximation of the Ginzburg-Landau Equation
- 5: Symbolic Manipulation Tools for Asymptotic Analysis
- General Asymptotic Scales and Computer Algebra
- 6: Numerical Methods, Algorithms, and Architectures
- Domain Decomposition by the Mortar Element Method
- Multilevel Projection Methods for Partial Differential Equations
- A Parallel Adaptive Multigrid Algorithm for the Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations
- Numerical Approximation of a 2-D Singular-Perturbation Problem Using an Asymptotic Expansion and a Finite Element Method
- Internal Boundary Conditions and the Feedback Loop for Nested Two-Way Communication Schemes
- Subdomain Predictor-Corrector Algorithms for Solving the Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equation
- Parallel BLAS and BLACS for Numerical Algorithms on a Reconfigurable Network.