Teleoperation and Robotics Applications and Technology / by Jean Vertut, Philippe Coiffet.
It is a privilege to be asked to introduce this important work. Such a book has long been needed. Industrial manipulators and robots have caught the attention of the general public and become very fashionable in the last few years. The casual reader of current newspapers and magazit:les or the viewe...
|Series:||Robot Technology ;
3 B |
Springer eBook Collection.
|Holy Cross Note:||Loaded electronically.|
Electronic access restricted to members of the Holy Cross Community.
- 2 The contribution of computer science
- 2.1 A description of teleoperation systems
- 2.2 The operator substitution function by computer
- 2.3 The use of computer feedback to the operator
- 3 Performance and the man-machine interface
- 3.1 Performance evaluation of teleoperation systems
- 3.2 The human operator in the teleoperation system
- 4 Applications of teleoperation
- 4.1 Nuclear applications
- 4.2 Underwater applications
- 4.3 Space applications of teleoperation
- 4.4 Medical applications of teleoperation
- 4.5 Industrial applications of teleoperation
- 4.6 Applications in security and civil protection
- 4.7 Conclusion.