Approximation and Online Algorithms 10th International Workshop, WAOA 2012, Ljubljana, Slovenia, September 13-14, 2012, Revised Selected Papers / edited by Thomas Erlebach, Giuseppe Persiano.
This book constitutes the thoroughly refereed post workshop proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on Approximation and Online Algorithms, WAOA 2012, held in Ljubljana, Slovenia, in September 2012 as part of the ALGO 2012 conference event. The 22 revised full papers presented together with i...
Berlin, Heidelberg :
Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer,
|Edition:||1st ed. 2013.|
|Series:||Theoretical Computer Science and General Issues ;
Springer eBook Collection.
|Online Access:||Click to view e-book|
|Holy Cross Note:||Loaded electronically.|
Electronic access restricted to members of the Holy Cross Community.
- Invited Contribution
- The Primal-Dual Approach for Online Algorithms
- Session 1: Graphs and Networks
- Independent Set with Advice: The Impact of Graph Knowledge
- Online Multi-Commodity Flow with High Demands
- Approximating Spanning Trees with Few Branches
- On the Complexity of the Regenerator Location Problem – Treewidth and Other Parameters
- Session 2: Geometric Problems
- Online Exploration of Polygons with Holes
- Probabilistic k-Median Clustering in Data Streams
- Linear Time Approximation for Dominating Sets and Independent Dominating Sets in Unit Disk Graphs
- On Minimum-and Maximum-Weight Minimum Spanning Trees with Neighborhoods
- Session 3: Online Algorithms
- Asymptotically Optimal Online Page Migration on Three Points
- R–LINE: A Better Randomized 2-Server Algorithm on the Line
- Black and White Bin Packing
- Minimizing Cache Usage in Paging
- Session 4: Scheduling.Competitive-Ratio Approximation Schemes for Makespan Scheduling Problems
- Online Primal-Dual for Non-linear Optimization with Applications to Speed Scaling
- Approximating the Throughput by Coolest First Scheduling
- Algorithms for Cost-Aware Scheduling
- Session 5: Algorithmic Game Theory
- A Unifying Tool for Bounding the Quality of Non-cooperative Solutions in Weighted Congestion Games
- Some Anomalies of Farsighted Strategic Behavior
- Session 6: Approximation Algorithms Scheduling with an Orthogonal Resource Constraint
- Improved Approximation Guarantees for Lower-Bounded Facility Location
- A 4-Approximation for the Height of Drawing 2-Connected Outer-Planar Graphs
- Approximation Algorithms for the Wafer to Wafer Integration Problem.