The Asian Monsoon by Bin Wang.
Satellite observations and computing technology have advanced our understanding of the monsoon climate enormously in the last two decades. The author provides an update of the knowledge gained over this period, presenting the modern morphology and the physical principles of monsoon climate variation...
Berlin, Heidelberg :
Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer,
|Edition:||1st ed. 2006.|
Springer eBook Collection.
|Online Access:||Click to view e-book|
|Holy Cross Note:||Loaded electronically.|
Electronic access restricted to members of the Holy Cross Community.
- The coupled monsoon system
- The Asian monsoon: Global perspectives
- The Asian winter monsoon
- Synoptic systems and weather
- Intraseasonal variability
- Interannual variability of the Asian monsoon
- The Asian monsoon: Interdecadal variability
- Mesoscale processes
- Large-scale atmospheric dynamics
- Variation of the Asian monsoon water vapor budget: Interaction with the global-scale modes
- Land-atmosphere interaction
- Interactions between the Asian monsoon and the El Niño/Southern Oscillation
- Effects of the Tibetan Plateau
- Seasonal climate prediction of Indian summer monsoon
- Dynamic seasonal prediction and predictability of the monsoon
- Extending the historical record by proxy
- Asian monsoons in the future
- The Asian monsoon — agriculture and economy.