Nile River Basin Ecohydrological Challenges, Climate Change and Hydropolitics / edited by Assefa M. Melesse, Wossenu Abtew, Shimelis G. Setegn.
The book provides a comprehensive overview of the hydrology of the Nile River, especially the ecohydrological degradation and challenges the basin is facing, the impact of climate change on water availability and the transboundary water management issues. The book includes analysis and approaches th...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer,
|Edition:||1st ed. 2014.|
|Series:||Springer eBook Collection.
|Online Access:||Click to view e-book|
|Holy Cross Note:||Loaded electronically.|
Electronic access restricted to members of the Holy Cross Community.
- Part I: Hydrology and Water Availability
- The Nile River Basin
- Streamflow Data Needs for Water Resources Management and Monitoring Challenges: A Case Study of Wami River Sub-basin in Tanzania
- Satellite Rainfall Products and their Reliability in the Blue Nile basin
- Africa-Wide Monitoring of Small Surface Water Bodies Using Multi-Source Satellite Data: A Monitoring System for FEWS NET
- Surface and Ground Water Resources of Ethiopia: Potentials and Challenges of Water Resources Development
- Land and Water in the Nile basin
- Part II: Soil erosion and Water Quality
- Soil Erosion and Discharge in the Blue Nile Basin: Trends and Challenges
- Spatial and Temporal Patterns of Soil Erosion in the Semi-humid Ethiopian Highlands: A Case Study of Debre Mawi Watershed
- Modeling Sediments Dynamics: Effect of Land Use, Topography and Land Management in the Wami-Ruvu Basin Tanzania
- Assessment of Soil Erosion in the Blue Nile Basin
- Hydro-epidemiology of the Nile Basin: Understanding the Complex Linkages between Water and Infectious Diseases
- Part III: Lakes and watersheds
- Monitoring State of Biomass Recovery in the Blue Nile Basin Using Image Based Disturbance Index
- Bathymetry, Lake Area and Volume Mapping: A Remote Sensing Perspective
- Land Use and Land Cover Changes in Northern Kordofan State of Sudan: A Remotely-Sensed Data Analysis
- Multi-Model Approach for Spatial Evapotranspiration Mapping: Comparison of Models Performance for Different Ecosystems
- Modeling Rainfall Erosivity from Daily Rainfall Events, Upper Blue Nile Basin, Ethiopia
- Part IV: Climate Change and Water Resources
- Climate Change Impacts and Development Based Adaptation Pathway to the Nile River Basin
- Climate Change Projections in the Upper Gilgel Abay River Catchment, Blue Nile Basin Ethiopia
- Climate Change Impact on Water Resources and Adaptation Strategies in the Blue Nile River Basin
- Climate change and Rangeland Degradation in Eastern Sudan: Which Adaptation Strategy Work Well?
- Statistical Downscaling of Precipitation in the Upper Nile Use of Generalised Linear Models (GLMs) for the Kyoga Basin
- Local and Indigenous Knowledge Systems in Subsistence Agriculture, Climate Risk Management and Mitigation of Community Vulnerability in Changing Climate, Lake Victoria Basin: Case Study of Rakai and Isingiro Districts, Uganda
- Part V: Water Accessibility, institutional setup and policy
- Processes of Institutional Change and Factors Influencing Collective Action in Local Water Resources Governance in the Blue Nile Basin of Ethiopia
- Water Governance in the Nile Basin for Hydropower Development
- Managing Rainwater for Resilient Dryland Systems in SSA: Review of evidences
- Part VI: Transboundary Rivers, Water Sharing and Hydropolitics
- Impact and Benefit Study of Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) during Impounding and Operation Phases on Downstream Structure in the Eastern Nile
- Transboundary Rivers and the Nile
- International Water Law Principles and Frameworks: Perspectives from the Nile River Basin
- Supporting the Development of Efficient and Effective River Basin Organizations in Africa: What Steps Can Be Taken to Improve Transboundary Water Cooperation Between the Riparian States of the Nile?
- Part VII: Watershed Services and water management
- Payment for Watershed Services in the Mara River Basin: Part I - Institutions and Stakeholder Engagement
- Payment for Watershed Services in the Mara River Basin: Part II - An Analysis of Stakeholders' Perceptions and Willingness to Implement
- Climate Teleconnections and Water Management.