The Cambridge companion to modern Arab culture / edited by Dwight F. Reynolds.
Dwight F. Reynolds brings together a collection of essays by leading international scholars to provide a comprehensive and accessible survey of modern Arab culture, from the early nineteenth to the twenty-first century. The chapters survey key issues necessary to any understanding of the modern Arab...
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge companions to culture.
|Holy Cross Note:||"Reprinted 2016" -- Title page verso.|
- Modern Arab culture: introductory remarks / Dwight F. Reynolds
- The question of language / Kristen Brustad
- Religious and ethnic minorities / Andrew D. Magnusson
- Nahda: the Arab project of enlightenment / Yoav Di-Capua
- Law / Joseph E. Lowry
- Poetry / Shawkat A. Toorawa
- Narrative / Muhsin Al-Musawi
- Music / Scott Marcus
- Cinema and television / Andrew Hammond
- Theater / Dina Amin
- Art / Nuha N.N. Khoury
- Architecture / Nasser Rabbat
- Humor / Devin Stewart
- Folklore / Dwight F. Reynolds
- Food and cuisine / Juan E. and Magda Campo
- Migration and diaspora / Christina Civantos.