Biochemical adaptation : mechanism and process in physiological evolution / Peter W. Hochachka, George N. Somero.
The study of biochemical adaption provides fascinating insights into how organisms "work" and how they evolve to sustain physiological function under a vast array of environmental conditions. This book describes how the abilities of organisms to thrive in widely different environments deri...
New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- The goals and scope of this volume
- Cellular metabolism, regulation, and homeostasis
- Influence of oxygen availability
- The diving response and its evolution
- Human hypoxia tolerance
- Water-solute adaptations : the evolution and regulation of the internal milieu