Decentering music : a critique of contemporary musical research / Kevin Korsyn.
By linking the institutions that support musical research to complex historical changes such as globalization and the commodification of knowledge, the author critiques musical scolarship as an institutional discourse while contributing to a general theory of disciplinary structures.
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- Musical research in crisis: the tower of Babel and the ministry of truth
- Search for an antimethod: begin at the impasses
- The formation of disciplinary identities
- The objects of musical research (1)
- The objects of musical research (2)
- Media conditions
- Music and social antagonisms
- Ethics and the political in musical research.