The African American experience : an historiographical and bibliographical guide / edited by Arvarh E. Strickland and Robert E. Weems, Jr.
Westport, Conn. :
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
Table of Contents:
- African American migration and urbanization / Arvarh E. Strickland and Robert E. Weems, Jr.
- The African American worker in slavery and freedom / Joe William Trotter, Jr.
- African American families: historically resilient / Aaron Thompson
- African American women / Wilma King
- The African American educational experience / Carolyn a. Dorsey
- The African American literary tradition / Clenora Hudson-Weems
- The African American musical experience: there's a story in the song / John A. Taylor
- African American intellectual and political thought / Robert L. Harris, Jr.
- The African American political experience / Sharon D. Wright and Minion K.C. Morrison
- The African American press / Julius E. Thompson
- African Americans in the military of the United States / John F. Marszalek and Horace D. Nash
- The African American athletic experience / David K. Wiggins
- Constructing an historiography of African American business / Juliet E.K. Walker
- Sexuality and race / Stanley O. Gaines, Jr.
- African American consumerism / Robert E. Weems, Jr.
- The civil rights movement / John Dittmer
- African American religion in the United States / Charles H. Long.