Results now : how we can achieve unprecedented improvements in teaching and learning / Mike Schmoker.
Discusses how schools can exceed expectations, swiftly reduce achievement gaps, and enhance the lifetime learning of all students. Describes simple actions that can swiftly and substantially improve education and provides a set of structures and practices for improving instruction in any school.
Alexandria, Va. :
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development,
|Series:||Gale virtual reference library.
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- Introduction: The Brutal Facts About Instruction and Its Supervision
- I. Reality and Illusion in Public Schools
- 1. The Buffer
- 2. Isolation: The Enemy of Improvement
- 3. Leadership Interrupted: How the Buffer Compromises Supervision
- 4. Curricular Chaos
- II. Literacy Education: The Greatest Opportunity of All
- 5. The Power of Authentic Literacy
- 6. Authentic Literacy and Intellectual Development
- 7. The Startling State of Literacy Education
- III. Learning and Leading in the Professional Learning Community
- 8. Professional Learning Communities: The Surest, Fastest Path to Instructional Improvement
- 9. Leadership in the Professional Learning Community
- 10. Scaling Up: Central Office and State-Level Leadership in the Learning Community
- Conclusion. Why Not Us? Why Not Now?
- Appendix A: Suggestions for Teaching Critical and Argumentative Literacy
- Appendix B: Start Here for Improving Teaching
- Appendix C: Agreements.