Self and subjectivity / edited with commentary by Kim Atkins.
Self and Subjectivity is a collection of seminal essays with commentary that traces the development of conceptions of "self" and "subjectivity" in European and Anglo-American philosophical traditions, including feminist scholarship, from Descartes to the present. It covers the ri...
Malden, MA :
|Series:||Blackwell readings in Continental philosophy ;
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- 1. Commentary on Descartes
- Meditation II / Rene Descartes
- 2. Commentary on Locke
- Of identity and diversity / John Locke
- 3. Commentary on Hume
- Of personal identity / David Hume
- 4. Commentary on Kant
- Critique of pure reason, "paralogisms of pure reason (A)" (first, second, and third paralogisms) / Immanuel Kant
- 5. Commentary on Hegel
- Phenomenology of spirit, "self-consciousness : lordship and bondage" / G.W.F. Hegel
- 6. Commentary on Nietzsche
- The Genealogy of morals / Friedrich Nietzsche
- 7. Commentary on Sartre
- The look / Jean-Paul Sartre
- 8. Commentary on Merleau-Ponty
- The spatiality of one's own body and motility / Maurice Merleau-Ponty
- 9. Commentary on Heidegger.