Smooth and nonsmooth high dimensional chaos and the melnikov-type methods / Jan Awrejcewicz, Mariusz M. Holicke.
This book focuses on the development of Melnikov-type methods applied to high dimensional dynamical systems governed by ordinary differential equations. Although the classical Melnikov's technique has found various applications in predicting homoclinic intersections, it is devoted only to the a...
Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ :
|Series:||World Scientific series on nonlinear science. Monographs and treatises ;
v. 60. |
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- 1. A role of the Melnikov-type methods in applied sciences
- 2. Classical Melnikov approach
- 3. Homoclinic chaos criterion in a rotated froude pendulum with dry fiction
- 4. Smooth and nonsmooth dynamics of a 1uasi-autonomous oscillator with coulomb and viscous frictions
- 5. Application of the Melnikov-Gruendler method to mechanical systems
- 6. A self-excited spherical pendulum
- 7. A double self-excited duffing-type oscillator
- 8. A triple self-excited duffing-type oscillator.