Global climates since the last glacial maximum / H.E. Wright, Jr. [and others], editors.
Summarizes much of the geologic, paleoecologic, and oceanographic evidence for global environmental and climactic changes during the last 18,000 years.
University of Minnesota Press,
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
Table of Contents:
- Conceptual basis for understanding late-Quaternary climates / J.E. Kutzbach and T. Webb III
- Model description, external forcing, and surface boundary conditions / J.E. Kutzbach and W.F. Ruddiman
- Simulated climatic changes : results of the COHMAP climate-model experiments / J.E. Kutzbach [and others]
- The North and equatorial Atlantic at 9000 and 6000 yr B.P. / W.F. Ruddiman and A.C. Mix
- Holocene temperature patterns in the South Atlantic, Southern, and Pacific Oceans / Joseph J. Morley and Beth A. Dworetzky
- Holocene vegetation and climates of Europe / Brian Huntley and I. Colin Prentice
- Vegetational and climatic history of the western former Soviet Union / G.M. Peterson
- Vegetational, lake-level, and climatic history of the Near East and Southwest Asia / Neil Roberts and H.E. Wright, Jr.
- The late-Quaternary vegetation and climate of China / Marjorie G. Winkler and Pao K. Wang
- Climates of Australia and New Guinea since 18,000 yr B.P. / Sandy P. Harrison and John Dodson
- Paleovegetation studies of New Zealand's climate since the last glacial maximum / Matt S. McGlone, M. Jim Salinger, and Neville T. Moar.
- Holocene vegetation, lake levels, and climate of Africa / F. Alayne Street-Perrott and R.A. Perrott
- Climatic history of Central and South America since 18,000 yr B.P. : comparison of pollen records and model simulations / Vera Markgraf
- Holocene vegetation and climate histories of Alaska / Patricia M. Anderson and Linda B. Brubaker
- Vegetation, lake levels, and climate in western Canada during the Holocene / J.C. Ritchie and S.P. Harrison
- Vegetation, lake levels, and climate in eastern North America for the past 18,000 years / Thompson Webb III [and others]
- Climatic changes in the western United States since 18,000 yr B.P. / Robert S. Thompson [and others]
- Climatic changes during the past 18,000 years : regional syntheses, mechanisms, and causes / Thompson Webb III [and others]
- Epilogue / J.E. Kutzbach [and others].