Physiological and ecological adaptations to feeding in vertebrates / editors, J. Matthias Starck, Tobias Wang.
"In this book, a group of internationally recognized specialists discusses physiological and evolutionary adaptations to different feeding strategies in vertebrates. The book is a state-of-art account of our mechanistic, comparative and evolutionary understanding of how vertebrates have evolved...
Enfield, NH :
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- The diversity of vertebrate feeding systems / Kurt Schwenk and Margaret Rubega
- Concepts of digestive efficiency / Ian D. Hume
- Carbohydrate hydrolysis and absorption : lessons from modeling digestive function / Todd J. McWhorter
- Digestive constraints in mammalian and avian ecology / William H. Karasov and Scott R. McWilliams
- Paracellular intestinal absorption of carbohydrates in mammals and birds / Todd J. McWhorter
- Mass balance models for animal isotopic ecology / Carlos Martínez del Rio and Blair O. Wolf
- Structural flexibility of the digestive system of tetrapods
- patterns and processes at the cellular and tissue level / J. Matthias Starck
- Adaptive interplay between feeding ecology and features of the digestive tract in birds / Phil F. Battley and Theunis Piersma
- Gastrointestinal responses to fasting in mammals
- lessons from hibernators / Hannah V. Carey
- Interplay between diet, microbes, and immune defenses of the gastrointestinal tract / Kirk Klasing
- Effects of digestion on the respiratory and cardiovascular physiology of amphibians and reptiles / Tobias Wang, Johnnie B. Andersen and James W. Hicks
- Specific dynamic action in ectothermic vertebrates : a general review on the determinants of post-prandial metabolic response in fishes, amphibians, and reptiles / Denis V. Andrade [and others]
- Control of gut motility and secretion in fasting and fed non-mammalian vertebrates / Susanne Holmgren and Anna Holmberg
- Effects of dietary fatty acids on the physiology of environmental adaptation in fish / David J. McKenzie
- Aspects of protein and amino acids digestion and utilization by marine fish larvae / Ivar Rønnestad and Luis E.C. Conceição.