Autobiography as activism : three Black women of the Sixties / Margo V. Perkins.
A study of three Black Power narratives as instruments for radical social change.
University Press of Mississippi,
|Series:||Sixties--primary documents and personal narratives, 1960-1974.
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
Click for online access
Table of Contents:
- "I am we": Black women activists writing autobiography
- Literary antecedents in the struggle for freedom
- On becoming: Activists' reflections on their formative experiences
- Autobiography as political/personal Intervention
- Gender and power dynamics in 1960s
- Black nationalist struggle
- Reading intertextually: Black power narratives then and now.