Changing climates in North American politics : institutions, policymaking, and multilevel governance / edited by Henrik Selin and Stacy D. VanDeveer.
Changing Climates in North American Politics offers analysis of climate change policy innovations across North America at transnational, federal, state & local levels, involving public private & civic actors.
Cambridge, Mass. :
|Series:||American and comparative environmental policy.
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
Click for online access
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Changing Climates and Institution Building across the Continent / Henrik Selin / Stacy D. VanDeveer
- I. Between Kyoto and Washington
- 2. Climate Change Politics in Mexico / Simone Pulver
- 3. Looking for Leadership: Canada and Climate Change Policy / Peter J. Stoett
- II. States and Cities Out Front
- 4. Second-Generation Climate Policies in the States: Proliferation, Diffusion, and Regionalization / Barry G. Rabe
- 5. Field Notes on the Political Economy of California Climate Policy / W. Michael Hanemann / Alexander E. Farrell
- 6. Climate Leadership in Northeast North America / Henrik Selin / Stacy D. VanDeveer
- 7. Local Government Response to Climate Change: Our Last, Best Hope? / Christopher Gore / Pamela Robinson
- III. Continental Politics
- 8. NAFTA as a Forum for CO[subscript 2] Permit Trading? / Michele M. Betsill
- 9. Renewable Electricity Politics across Borders / Ian H. Rowlands
- 10. Arctic Climate Change: North American Actors in Circumpolar Knowledge Production and Policymaking / Annika E. Nilsson
- IV. Climate Action among Firms, Campuses, and Individuals
- 11. Business Strategies and Climate Change / Charles A. Jones / David L. Levy
- 12. Insurance and Reinsurance in a Changing Climate / Virginia Haufler
- 13. Campus Climate Action / Dovev Levine
- 14. Communicating Climate Change and Motivating Civic Action: Renewing, Activating, and Building Democracies / Susanne C. Moser
- 15. North American Climate Governance: Policymaking and Institutions in the Multilevel Greenhouse / Henrik Selin / Stacy D. VanDeveer.