Print culture and music in sixteenth-century Venice / Jane A. Bernstein.
This volume examines the commerce of music and its connection to the printing and publishing industry in mid-sixteenth century Venice. It presents a broad portrayal of the Venetial music booktrade and explores business strategies.
New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
Click for online access
Table of Contents:
- Printers and Publishers: The Merchants of Venice
- Inside the Venetian Print Shop: The Manufacturing of a Music Book
- The Financing of Venetian Music Books
- The Distribution of Venetian Music Books
- Composers, Patrons, and the Venetian Music Press
- The Houses of Scotto and Gardano: Two Printing Dynasties
- Scotto and Gardano: Marketing a Musical Repertory.