Cinematic howling : women's films, women's film theories / Hoi F. Cheu.
"Cinematic Howling presents a refreshingly unorthodox framework for feminist film studies. Instead of criticizing mainstream movies from feminist perspectives, Hoi Cheu focuses on women's filmmaking itself. Integrating systems theory and feminist aesthetics in his close readings of films a...
Vancouver, Toronto :
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- 1 Feminist Film Theory and the Postfeminist Era
- 2 Howling for Multitudes
- 3 The Female Authorial Voice
- 4 Beyond Freud and Lacan
- 5 Cathartic Meta-narrative
- 6 Diasporic Imagination and Transcultural Identity
- 7 Representing Representation
- 8 From Text to Context
- 9 Filling the Theory Vacuum