In the shadow of the mammoth : Italo Svevo and the emergence of modernism / Giuliana Minghelli.
"In this work Giuliana Minghelli examines Svevo's unique contribution to twentieth-century literature within the framework of his parodic Darwinian fables of the prehistoric encounter between the weak and 'unfinished' man and the incommensurable 'other.' In looking at s...
Toronto ; Buffalo :
University of Toronto Press,
|Series:||Toronto Italian studies.
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- 1. Between Darwinian origins and modernist ends : Svevo's allegory of symbiosis
- 2. Of artists, women, and Jews : Svevo and the modernist contamination
- 3. Between Darwinism and dreams : the stories of Alfonso and Annetta in Una vita
- 4. The crying of the statues : art and women in Senilita
- 5. Leading the pedagogue by the hand
- 6. Out of the shadow of the mammoth : Zeno and the story of the other.