A vast machine : computer models, climate data, and the politics of global warming / Paul N. Edwards.
Global warming skeptics often fall back on the argument that the scientific case for global warming is all model predictions, nothing but simulation; they warn us that we need to wait for real data, "sound science." In A Vast Machine Paul Edwards has news for these doubters: without models...
Cambridge, Mass. :
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- Thinking globally
- Global space, universal time : seeing the planetary atmosphere
- Standards and networks : international meteorology and the Réseau Mondial
- Climatology and climate change before World War II
- Numerical weather prediction
- The infinite forecast
- Making global data
- The first WWW
- Making data global
- Data wars
- Reanalysis : the do-over
- Parametrics and the limits of knowledge
- Simulation models and atmospheric politics, 1960-1992
- Signal and noise : consensus, controversy, and climate change.