The biology of coral reefs / Charles R.C. Sheppard, Simon K. Davy, and Graham M. Pilling.
A concise but comprehensive introduction to the biology of coral reefs, providing an overview of the ecology of coral reefs and their functioning, and the biology of their major species groups. The responses to modern environmental pressures, climate change, and use of their resources is also descri...
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Series:||Biology of habitats.
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- 1. Coral reefs: biodiverse and productive tropical ecosystems
- 2. The main reef builders and space occupiers
- 3. The abiotic environment
- 4. Symbiotic interactions
- 5. Microbial, microalgal, and planktonic reef life
- 6. Reef fishes: diversity, feeding, and food chains
- 7. Reef fisheries and reef aquaculture
- 8. Coral reefs in the modern world
- 9. Consequences to reefs of changing environmental stress
- 10. The future, human population, and management.