Handbook of animal models in Alzheimer's disease / edited by Gemma Casadesus.
Animals have been used to model diseases or test new treatments since around 300 BC, and undoubtedly our ability to model disease in animals - including transgenic animals - has provided major breakthroughs in all fields of biomedical research. Due to their complexity and plurality of pathology and...
|Series:||Advances in Alzheimer's disease (Series) ;
v. 1. |
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- Title; Preface; Contents; Section 1Overview of Animal Models of Alzheimer's Disease; Estimation of Working Memory in Macaques for Studying Drugs for the Treatment of Cognitive Disorders; The Canine Model of Human Aging and Disease; Unveiling "The Switch" from Aging to Alzheimer's Disease with the Senescence-Accelerated Mouse Model (SAMP8); Alzheimer's Disease Selective Vulnerability and Modelling in Transgenic Mice; The Cholesterol-Fed Rabbit as a Model of AD: The Old, the New and the Pilot; A Rabbit Model of Alzheimer's Disease: Valid at Neuropathological, Cognitive, and Therapeutic Levels.
- Transgenic Drosophila Models of Alzheimer's Amyloid-? 42 ToxicitySection 2 Using Animal Models to Understand Mechanisms of Disease; Estrogen, Progesterone and Hippocampal Plasticity in Rodent Models; Apparent Behavioral Benefits of Tau Overexpression in P301L Tau Transgenic Mice; Activation of Cell Cycle Proteins in Transgenic Mice in Response to Neuronal Loss But Not Aß and Tau Pathology; Electron Microscopic 3D Reconstruction Analysis of Amyloid Deposits in 3xTg-AD Mice and Aged Canines; The Cholesterol-Fed Rabbit as a Model System for Cholesterol-Alzheimer's Disease Studies.
- Hepatic Ceramide May Mediate Brain Insulin Resistance and Neurodegeneration in Type 2 Diabetes and Non-alcoholic SteatohepatitisAnimal Model of Insulin-Resistant BrainS tate: Intracerebroventricular Streptozotocin Injection Deteriorates Alzheimer-Like Changes in Tg2576 APP-Overexpressing Mice; Hippocampal Alterations in Rats Submitted to Streptozotocin-Induced Dementia Model: Neuroprotection with Aminoguanidine; Section 3 Alzheimer's Disease Therapies Using Animal Models.
- Developing Immunotherapies for Alzheimer's Disease Using a Cholesterol-Fed Rabbit Model in the Context of Th Cell DifferentiationAnti-Amyloid-ß Immunotherapy in Alzheimer's Disease: Relevance of Transgenic Mouse Studies to Clinical Trials; Heterogeneity in Red Wine Polyphenolic Contents Differentially Influences Alzheimer's Disease-Type Neuropathology and Cognitive Deterioration; Delivery of NGF to the Brain: Intranasal Versus Ocular Administration in Anti-NGF Transgenic Mice; Cholinomimetic Actions of Memantine on Learning and Hippocampal Plasticity.
- Cognitive Performances of Cholinergically Depleted Rats Following Chronic Donepezil AdministrationSubject Index; Author Index.