Reforming the public sector : how to achieve better transparency, service, and leadership / Giovanni Tria, Giovanni Valotti, editors.
Many countries are still struggling to adapt to the broad and unexpected effects of modernization initiatives. As changes take shape, governments are challenged to explore new reforms. The public sector is now characterized by profound transformation across the globe, with ramifications that are yet...
Washington, D.C. : Rome :
Brookings Institution Press ; Scuola superiore della pubblica amministrazione (SSPA),
|Series:||Brookings-SSPA series on public administration.
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- Shedding light or obfuscating? : Audit in an NPM world / Irvine Lapsely
- Making transparency transparent : an assessment model for local governments / Maria Cucciniello, Greta Nasi, and Raffaella Saporito
- Does making a difference make a difference? : Answers from research on public service motivation / James L. Perry
- Public service motivation and job satisfaction in various European countries : a tale of caution and hope / Wouter Vandenabeele [and others]
- Public service motivation : the state of the art / Nicola Belle and Paola Cantarelli
- What can we learn from thirty years of public management reform / Christopher Pollitt
- Leadership competencies and their relevance to Italian government reform / Montgomery Van Wart
- Politicians and administrators : two characters in search of a role / Mariannunziata Liguori, Mariafrancesca Sicilia, and Ileana Steccolini
- Public sector performance : managing governments by the numbers / Gert Bouckaert
- Strategic management in Italian ministries : an empirical assessment of gains from and gaps in reforms / Denita Cepiku, Andrea Bonomi Savignon, and Luigi Corvo
- The study of public management : reference points for a design science approach / Michael Barzelay
- Government reform and innovation : a comparative perspective / Elaine Cuilla Kamarck
- Stakeholders' inclusion : measuring the preformance of interactive decisionmaking / Mario Ianniello, Paolo Fedele, and Luca Brusati
- Public sector reforms : state of the art and future challenges / Giovanni Valotti.