Passing exams for dummies / Patrick Sherratt.
Release your potential and get better exam results Do you panic at the thought of exams? Do you think you're just not the academic type? No matter how old you are, exams can be stressful-but they don't need to be. This essential guide provides expert tips on how to change your mindset, imp...
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- At a Glance; Table of Contents; Introduction; About This Book; Foolish Assumptions; Icons Used in This Book; Beyond the Book; Where to Go from Here; Part I: Releasing Your Potential to Pass Exams; Chapter 1: Passing Exams: Preparation Is Everything!; Developing Your Exam Performance Mindset; Understanding Your Brain's Capabilities; Looking at Ideal Ways to Learn; Enhancing Your Thinking Processes; Effective Exam Preparation; Chapter 2: Meeting Your Amazing Brain; You Don't Need to Be a Brain Surgeon; Understanding How Your Brain Functions.
- The Tripartite Model: How Brain Cells Develop During LearningMaking the Most of Your ASSETs: Some Key Principles for Learning; Surfing the Waves of Your Brain; Getting Yourself Firing on All Levels: Brain Maintenance; Chapter 3: Discovering How to Learn; Organizing Your Ideal Study Environment; Knowing Your Best Times for Learning; Discovering How You Learn Best; Finding Out Whether You're a Linear or Circular Thinker; Getting Motivated to Study; Managing Your Review Time; Chapter 4: Thinking Strategies for High Performance; Understanding How Your Mind Works; Meeting Your Memory.
- Conceptualizing Your Memory of YouImproving Your Self-Talk for Better Exam Results; Modeling Yourself on High-Performance Students; Developing Academic Goals; Writing Affirmations: Declaring Your Intentions; Using Your Mind's Eye: Visualizing Success; Part II: Relaxing Comes First; Chapter 5: Exploring the Power of Relaxation; Making Time for the Fun Stuff; Accessing Alpha State (Your Ideal Learning Zone); Using Personal Development Programs; Chapter 6: Finding Ways to Relax; Exercising for Relaxation; Exploring Sound and Music; Stretching Out, Breathing Out; Releasing Unwanted Emotions.
- Managing TimeEnriching Your Life; Part III: Reviewing and Rewriting Your Notes; Chapter 7: Knowing Your Academic Purpose; Developing the Power of Intention; Setting Your Intention for Each Study Session; Setting Your Intention for Long-Term Goals; Chapter 8: Reviewing Your Notes; Sourcing Information; Finding Additional Information; Chapter 9: Improving Your Reading Techniques; Reading for Different Purposes; Dipping into Your Text: Skim Reading; Digging Deeper into Content: Study Reading; Going Faster: Speed Reading; Going beyond Speed Reading: Photoreading.
- Chapter 10: Preparing Your Study NotesCondensing Your Notes; Diagramming a Mind Map; Connecting Ideas with Concept Maps; Planning Literary Pathways: Essay Route Maps; Applying Visual Formats: A Practical Guide; Part IV: Remembering with Pictures and Patterns; Chapter 11: Making the Most of Memorizing Skills; Use It or Lose It; Six Keys to Good Memory; Chapter 12: Using Mnemonics: Simple Memory Techniques; Learning by Rote; Memorizing with Mnemonics; Chapter 13: Fine-Tuning Your Memory: Advanced Visual Techniques; Developing Visual Association Techniques; Creating Symbolic Pictures.