Islamic theology, philosophy and law : debating Ibn Taymiyya and Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya / edited by Birgit Krawietz and Georges Tamer ; in collaboration with Alina Kokoschka.
Considering their widespread and highly controversial legacy, Ibn Taymiyya and his foremost disciple, Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya, arguably belong to the most influential figures of Islamic thought. The contributions within this volume address significant philosophical and theological themes in their wor...
Berlin ; Boston :
|Studien zur Geschichte und Kultur des islamischen Orients ;
Neue Folge, Bd. 27.
|Click for online access
- Appropriation of Ibn Taymiyya and Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya: challenging expectations of ingenuity / Alina Kokoschka and Birgit Krawietz
- Divine wisdom and human outcomes in Ibn Taymiyyaâ's thought / M. Sait Özervarli
- Debating the doctrine of jabr (compulsion): Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya reads Fakhr al-Din al-Razi / Livnat Holtzman
- Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyaâ's manipulation of sufi terms: fear and hope / Gino Schallenbergh
- Ibn al-Qayyim's Kitab al-ruh: some literary aspects / Y. Ttzvi Langerman
- The relation of Ibn Taymiya and Ibn!ayyim al-Jawziyya to the Hanbali school of law / Christopher Melchert
- Screening Siddiq Hasan Khan's (1832-1890) library: the use of Hanbali literature in 19th-century Bhopal / Claudia Preckel
- Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya in the "Lands below the Winden: an ideological father of radicalism or a popular sufi master? / Syamsuddin Arif
- The poison of philosophy: Ibn Taymiyya's struggle for and against reason / Anke von Kügelgen
- The curse of philosophy: Ibn Taymiyya as a philosopher in contemporary islamic thought / Georges Tamer
- Against islamic universalism: al-Hnabali's 1990 attempt to prove that Ibn Taymiyya and Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya affirm the eternity of hell-fire / Jon Hoover
- Law and order according to Ibn Taymiyya and Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya: a re-examination of siyasa sharʻiya / Abdessamad Belhaj
- Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya's attitude toward Christianity in Hidayat al-hayara fi ajwibat al-Yahud wal-Nasara / Dominik Schlosser
- Ibn Taymiyya and Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya as changing Salafi icons / Annabelle Bättcher
- Ibn Taymiyya's worldview and the challenge of modernity: a conflict among the ahl-i ahadith in British India / Martin Riexinger.