Comparing political regimes : a thematic introduction to comparative politics / Alan Siaroff.
"Comparing Political Regimes provides a comprehensive assessment of the world?s political systems by outlining and contrasting the aspects of four different regime types: liberal democracies, electoral democracies, semi-liberal autocracies, and closed autocracies."
Toronto [Ontario] :
University of Toronto Press,
|Series:||Book collections on Project MUSE.
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Development and Political Development
- 3. State Effectiveness and Political Economy
- 4. Electoral Democracies, Liberal Democracies, and Autocracies
- 5. Factors Conducive to Democracy
- 6. Institutional Variations of Democracies
- 7. Electoral Systems, Party Systems, and Government Formations in Democracies
- 8. Overall Centralization versus Decentralization in Democracies
- 9. Varieties of Autocracies: Totalitarianism, Sultanism, and Authoritarianism
- 10. Democratic Transitions, Consolidations, and Breakdowns
- 11. Postscript: Democracies and Autocracies in the Future.