Program earth : environmental sensing technology and the making of a computational planet / Jennifer Gabrys.
"Grappling with the consequences of wiring our world, Program Earth examines how sensor technologies are programming our environments. Jennifer Gabrys suggests that the sensor-based monitoring of Earth offers the prospect of making new environments not simply as an extension of the human but ra...
University of Minnesota Press,
|Series:||Electronic mediations ;
v. 49. |
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- Introduction : environment as experiment in sensing technology
- Sensing an experimental forest : processing environments and distributing relations
- From moss cam to spill cam : techno-geographies of experience
- Animals as sensors : mobile organisms and the problem of milieus
- Sensing climate change and expressing environmental citizenship
- Sensing oceans and geo-speculating with a garbage patch
- Sensing air and creaturing data
- Citizen sensing in the smart and sustainable city : from environments to environmentality
- Engaging the idiot in participatory digital urbanism
- Digital infrastructures of withness : constructing a speculative city
- Conclusion : planetary computerization, revisited.