Tense bees and shell-shocked crabs : are animals conscious? / Michael Tye.
What is it like 'on the inside' for nonhuman animals? Do they feel anything? Most people happily accept that dogs, for example, share many experiences and feelings with us. But what about simpler creatures? Fish? Honeybees? Crabs? Turning to the artificial realm, what about robots? This wo...
New York, NY :
Oxford University Press,
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
- Experience and its limits : the problem
- Experience and consciousness
- It's got to be human!
- Our friends and neighbors
- Reasoning about other species
- A fish called Wanda
- Of birds and reptiles (and fish)
- Tense bees and shell-shocked crabs
- The girl who can't feel pain
- Commander Data and Robot Rabbit
- The ethical treatment of animals.