Focus : elevating the essentials to radically improve student learning / by Mike Schmoker.
In this new edition, Schmoker presents exciting new evidence from actual schools to support his passionate argument to focus on powerful, simple, evidence-based practices.
Alexandria, Virginia :
|Online Access:||Click for online access|
Table of Contents:
- Foreword to the 2nd edition: The importance of evidence
- First things first: What we teach, how we teach and literacy
- The importance of simplicity, clarity, and priority
- What we teach
- How we teach
- Curriculum, instruction, and literacy in the content areas
- English language arts made simple
- Social Studies with reading and writing at the core
- Redefining inquiry in science
- Making math meaningful.