Following the Mississippian spread : climate change and migration in the Eastern US (ca. AD 1000-1600) / Robert A. Cook, Aaron R. Comstock, editors.
This book is the first to specifically trace the movement of Mississippian maize farmers throughout the US Midwest and Southeast. By providing a backdrop of shifting climatic conditions during the period, this volume also investigates the relationship between farmers and their environments. Detailed...
Cham, Switzerland :
|Click for online access
- Climate change and migration among early agriculturalists : from global to Mississippian perspectives / Aaron R. Comstock, Robert A. Cook, John H. Blitz, and Mary L. Simon
- Part I. Cahokia and the middle Mississippian region. Corn, climate, and the human population of greater Cahokia / Kristin M. Hedman, Thomas E. Emerson, Matthew A. Fort, John M. Lambert, Alleen M. Betzenhauser, and Timothy R. Pauketat
- Regional migration and Cahokian population change in the context of climate change and hydrological events / Sissel Schroeder, A. J. White, Lora R. Stevens, and Samuel E. Munoz
- Part II. Into the upper Mississippian region. Drought, diet, demography, and diaspora during the Mississippian period : a view from the Central Illinois River Valley / Jeremy J. Wilson and Broxton W. Bird
- Late pre-contact ethnogenesis, resilience, and movement in the face of climate variation in the Upper Illinois River Valley / Thomas E. Emerson, Kristin M. Hedman, Matthew A. Fort, and Kjersti E. Emerson
- Pushing and pulling the Mississippian moment into the western Great Lakes / Thomas J. Zych and John D. Richards - Part III. Into the Midsouth, Ohio Valley, and the Southeast. Moving in and moving on : climate change and Mississippian migration in the Middle Ohio Valley / Robert A. Cook and Aaron R. Comstock
- Heading for the hills : new evidence for migrations to the Upper Tennessee Valley / Lynne P. Sullivan, Kevin E. Smith, Shawn Patch, Sarah Lowry, John Jacob Holland-Lulewicz, and Scott Meeks
- "Vacant quarters" and population movements : legacy data and the investigation of a large-scale emigration event from the Savannah River Valley to the Georgia coast / Brandon T. Ritchison and David G. Anderson
- Population aggregation and dispersal as a driver for settlement change in the lower Chattahoochee River Valley between AD 1100 and 1500 / Stefan Brannan
- Part IV. Into the lower Mississippian region. Climate change, population migration, and ritual practice in the Lower Mississippi Valley / Dorian J. Burnette, David H. Dye, and Arleen A. Hill
- Environment, climate, and Mississippian origins in the Lower Mississippi Valley and the Mississippi River delta / Jayur Madhusudan Mehta and Christopher B. Rodning
- Part V. Commentary and further discussion. Reassessing migration and climate change during the Mississippian period / Charles R. Cobb.